Monday, April 30, 2012

Wild, Wet, and Wicked

Hello, my fellow readers! I am playing catch up with my blog. I have read several books since I last posted. First is Nikki Duncan's, "Wicked". I had the pleasure to meet her at Fresh Fiction's Readers and Ritas event last year. She is a fun person to be around! Her book was a light read. I liked how the heroine, Danica, used to be a nerd and too shy to speak to the hero, Braydon. However now that she has grown up she may still stumble over her words or her feet but she is all grown up and Braydon notices. She likes the attention he gives her but doesn't want to be another woman in a different town. Does she have what it takes to make Braydon realize she's everything that he needs?

Next I read "On the Steamy Side" and "Just One Taste", by Louisa Edwards. She was also at the Readers and Ritas put on by Fresh Fiction. She was a joy to meet and I'm glad I had the pleasure to hang out with her for the weekend. This series 'A Recipe for Love' is full of spice, steam, and sex! "On the Steamy Side", Lilah comes to New York City to start over and find herself. She ends up being a nanny for Devon who unexpectedly got custody of his son. Devon is a chef who has it all including his own tv show, however lately he has forgotten how to cook. Lilah helps Devon find his cooking skills while watching his son. She soon starts to fantasize about them becoming a family. Will Devon be able to mix up the ingredients and end up with everything he desires? "Just One Taste", was my personal favorite. The hero, Wes, was just delicious and I couldn't get enough! As for the heroine, Rosemary, I enjoyed her personality and the fact that she was a nerd and in her own little world. She wasn't the usual heroine that you fall in love with who is perfect. She reminds me of Amy and Sheldon on the 'Big Bang Theory'. She was very entertaining!

I hope you enjoy these books! If you are reading something that you loved please let me know.

Until next time...keep reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Hunger games and want to start the "Grey's trilogy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss K! I have heard the "Grey's Trilogy" is a must read as well. We are reading it this month for book club. I am looking forward to it :) Let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete